UPCOMING DATES

November 27 @Sarah B.
6:30 PM

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Persuasion Discussion

Great discussion last night!  We obviously have some real Jane Austen fans and obviously have some who are not fans!!!!   Thanks to everyone!   Thanks to our hostess, Penny...those who brought food....and to Jenn for the cool book list for this year!  Again, I apologize for my "before reading the book in full" comments.  I promise to wait until our discussion time to comment on future books.  AND, by the way, I ended up liking Persuasion!  I learned a lot by taking the time to read and study a little more difficult style of writing!  That's part of what book club is about.....it stretches us sometimes!    Looking forward to "The Big 5-Oh"!   Hope to see everyone at Emily's.

No comments:

Post a Comment